Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Footprints

As the end of another year nears, I generally take a few moments to reflect on any number of random things. Today, as I began my initial review of my 2005 training log, it occurred to me that I only added one state -- Iowa -- to the list of states in which I've run.

I ran in a couple of other states this year, but Iowa represented the only state where I hadn't previously left my running footprints. After last year, this qualifies as a slow year.

I ran in no fewer than nine states -- six of them new to me -- in 2004. Last year, thanks(???) to work travel, I added Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. I also added Nebraska when I traveled there to attend a wedding.

With Iowa's addition to my list, I've now run in 17 (shaded in purple) of our 50 states. Not bad, considering I have yet to go out of my way to run in any particular state. My math says I have 33 to go.

Now I think back to the states I visited before I was a runner and a view them as missed opportunities. Someday I'll have to retrace my steps to states like Colorado, Missouri, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, South Dakota, Washington and Wyoming. This time, as a runner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Some great states there--especially Ohio--hee hee! Get to West Virginia if you can. It's a very underrated state for scenery in my opinion!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Looks like you've neglected us here in the Pacific NW.... come on out! :)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)