Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wedding planner

Greatest Girlfriend Ever and I are barely a week into our engagement and life has definitely changed. Not in a bad way. Just a busier way.

So much too do, so little time.

I can't imagine any man would enjoy the whole process of planning a wedding. I'm a detail-oriented guy, but this wedding planning has my head spinning. I'm learning about things I never even considered. And I thought finding a diamond, choosing a ring and proposing took planning? I'm not sure how people ever manage to get through all of the details in planning the actual event.

I'm lucky though. Seems besides finding a wonderful woman with whom to share my life, I've also found a woman who can plan with the best of them. A project manager by profession, she's perfectly suited to arranging countless details in advance. Me? I can't even tell you what I'm going to have for dinner tonight.

So as GGE -- does she need a new monicker now that we're engaged? -- goes into overdrive to plan our nuptials, I watch in amazement. She made arrangements for the church, date, reception site and a host of other things within days. One by one, she's knocking down details, checking items off the spreadsheet she created. I'm still in the planning-to-plan stage as far as the other things I'm responsible for. Clearly, she's more cut out for planning this sort of thing than I am. So I'll just hang on for the ride, let her run with it and allow her to impress me in yet another way I never imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)