Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekly grind

Had a date with my cycling trainer again tonight. This is going to be a love-hate relationship. As in, I'm going to love hating that thing.

I planned on another half-hour session. I achieved my goal, pedaling just a couple hundredths of a mile farther than I did last week in a second less time. My average watts were 171 again, so I guess I'm already consistent, if nothing else.

I know I'm not in the condition I want to be in. I know I'm nowhere near where I'll be in a few months, when I ramp up my marathon training. But the way I feel on my trainer is ridiculous. By the time I finish, it feels like my heart is going to explode. I don't feel nearly so miserable when I run, which suggests that I'm not pushing myself enough when I run.

I hate feeling like that. Makes me feel weak. At the same time, I love it. If it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)