Friday, October 19, 2007

I saw the light

So I was outside mowing the rice paddy, er, lawn, today when I was nearly overcome by a brilliant light. Almost certain I was about to meet my Maker, I dropped to my knees and looked upward. Turns out it was our long-lost sun attempting a cameo appearance.

I had practically forgotten about the sun's existence. I haven't seen it in quite some time. It feels like it has been since the Reagan Administration. It hasn't been that long, though. I know that because it was present in grand and frustrating fashion during the Twin Cities Marathon on Oct. 7. It seered me that day.

Since then, however, I can't recall seeing it. And it's not just because of my nocturnal ways. It has rained and rained and rained here. My dogs paws have become webbed. I thought I might need an ark just to maneuver my way to the mailbox. And when it hasn't rained, it has been cloudy. Densely cloudy.

The sun never managed to fully emerged today. The sky just became brightly white behind the clouds in a very isolated area for maybe 30 seconds today. It wasn't much, but it was a reminder that it still exists. Our lack of sunshine in the past several days is just a reminder of what's ahead of us in the next couple of months, when it isn't unusual to go weeks without pure sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)