Saturday, February 10, 2007

Back at it

I returned to running today. In very modest fashion.

A 4-mile run was plenty for me. In fact, it was grueling. Five weeks to the day between runs definitely affected me. In my training log I made the rare "heavy" entry for "Perceived Exertion." Fortunately, I was able to put "no" in "Pain Felt During Activity" category. There was discomfort as I favored my right big toe, but nothing I would characterize as pain.

Today's run certainly wasn't much. It proved I'm nowhere near where I would like to be, where I should be with my conditioning at this point in the year. But there's still plenty of time before I begin heavy training for Grandma's Marathon. I just have to be prudent and stay within myself. I have to remember that the past five weeks gone, lost forever in terms of training. I can't make up for that time. I just have to accept where I'm at now. And I have to start anew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)