Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Resurrection!

Finally, after nearly a month of making the most out of the final breaths of my two very unreliable laptops and a dinosaur of a desktop, I'm back. Back with a new computer that should serve me well -- cross your fingers and knock on wood with me -- for the next few years.

In my typical fashion, I exhaustively researched my options for a new computer. Then I researched them some more. It's sickening. I did online research when possible. I scoured newspaper ads and articles. I went to retail stores to check out laptops and their components. Heck, I even bought a laptop last week with the intent of not using it until I did a little more research.

Good thing, too. I changed my mind this week. I upgraded my purchase and ended up getting a much better value. At least I think I did.

Through it all, Greatest Girlfriend Ever showed the patience of a saint. Even when I complained incessantly about my computer issues. Even when I asked her to do web research for me. Even when I asked to use her computer. Even when I repeatedly dragged her with me to look at computers. Maybe especially then.

My research and indecisiveness were no match for her patience. She simply listened to what I had to say, offered opinions when asked, rolled her eyes when I got into a pointless point-counterpoint debate with myself and walked away to give me space when I needed to sort things out for myself.

How great is that? That even a guy as obsessive as me can find someone who can love him despite his many foibles?

Thanks to my new machine, with which I'm still becoming acquainted, I'll again be able to post and tinker with this blog. I'll have to fill in some holes from when I was unable to blog, but gradually it will appear that I wasn't dead for almost all of January.

As Mark Twain once said, "the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." I am indeed back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)