Sunday, February 12, 2006

Enough already

When is this going to end? It seems like every time I sneeze, something falls apart. Not literally, of course, but my body has spent the better part of the past year failing me in various ways.

Last year I endured a prolonged respiratory illness. I had an abscessed tooth that led to a root canal. I endured countless running/cycling-related injuries. Now I have something new, something different nagging me.

And no, it's not Greatest Girlfriend Ever. She doesn't nag, hence her title.

Now I'm experiencing some sort of mild tightness or discomfort on the right side of my abdomen. It doesn't hurt too bad, but it concerns me.

It's on the right side of my body, first of all. The same side as I had the tooth problems. The same side that provided me with ankle problems last year that, I think, eventually resulted in Achilles discomfort and pain in my right hip.

I had been experiencing some residual discomfort in my right hip occasionally during my runs this winter. I worked on strengthening my core and that helped. I was able to get past it. But just when I did, this abdominal issue arose.

I'm not certain they're related. I'm fearful that I injured my abdomen while doing some overhead weightlifting while on my physio ball. That I might have a hernia didn't occur to me until my neighbor suggested it after I told her of my abdominal discomfort.

Worse yet, for some reason I've been experiencing a dull, achy feeling on the right side of my lower back with frightening consistency lately. I don't even want to think what that might be. No sense in adding raging hypochondria to my myriad neuroses.

I choose not to think of these aches and pains. I hope they will heal with time. I hope someday -- someday soon -- to completely regain my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)