Friday, February 17, 2006

Brrr.

I picked a good time to run three days in a row, six times in seven days. Add to that another intense cycling trainer workout yesterday. The way it worked out, I was due for a day off. Today worked for me. Very well.

It just so happened that today also is part of our coldest weather we've experienced in more than two years. We achieved Friday's high temp at 12:01 a.m. It became considerably colder after that. Daytime temps hovered at -10 Fahrenheit. Strong winds made it feel even colder.

It will be Saturday afternoon before the mercury rises above 0 again. So I think I'll take Saturday off too. I'll tell myself that I need some time off, that I deserve it, that nothing good could come from me running in sub-zero temps. Truth is, I'm just a wuss. But keep that to yourself. It's a closely guarded secret.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

(I love the song on your blog.) What kind of dogs do you have. Ok - I know this is a running/cycling blog.

Have you been injured for awhile or is this a recent issue? Getting back to the level of fitness pre-injury is TOUGH.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



All original posts and photos contained within this blog are copyrighted (© RTG 2005-2007)